Radar Market Overview
The global Radar market size was estimated at USD 31.45 billion in 2019 and it is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% from 2020 to 2025. Growing demand from the automotive & defense industries is driving radar market growth. These systems are also gaining high importance in meteorological monitoring, air-traffic monitoring, guided missiles, marine, weather monitoring, and other niche industries. Technological advancements are bringing innovation in Radar systems, companies are focusing on developing a compact, low-cost & highly accurate Radar systems.
Governments across the world are investing high on their defense & security as there are growing threats of terrorism, cross-border infiltration, illegal immigration, aerial attacks, etc. Thus it becomes crucial for each country to adopt a highly advanced and accurate defense system to combat adverse situations. Radar has been part of various defense systems for a long time especially technologies used in the marine & air-force.
What is the radar?
As per Wikipedia, radar is a system that utilizes radio waves to determine the range, angle, or velocity of objects. A typical RADAR system comprises three important parts including transmitter, receiver, and processor.
How does the radar system work?
The transmitter generates and transmits electromagnetic waves including radio /microwaves in the direction of the object, the waves bounce back from the object surface which is then detected using a receiver antenna and finally, the processor determines the range, angle, or velocity of objects based on the time taken by waves to return to the antenna.
Global Radar Market Share Analysis
The report incorporates detailed company profiles of following key radar market players including company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, strategic developments:
- BAE Systems
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Thales Group
- Raytheon Company
- Collins Aerospace
- Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Saab AB
- General Dynamics Corporation
Global Radar Market Segmentation
- Component Type Estimates & Trends Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2027)
- Service Type Estimates & Trends Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2027)
- Support & Maintenance
- Training & Consulting
- Platform Type Estimates & Trends Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2027)
- Range Type Estimates & Trends Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2027)
- End-Use Type Estimates & Trends Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2027)
- Military Applications
- Air Traffic Control
- Remote Sensing
- Ground Traffic Control
- Regional Type Estimates & Trends Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America