Smart BMI Calculator Market Overview
The global smart BMI market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% between 2020 to 2030. Increasing fitness awareness among developing countries is driving market growth over the forecast period. Moreover, technological advancements in the healthcare & fitness sector are expected to boost market demand.
A smart BMI Calculator is a device that enables calculating body mass index by utilizing data such as age, body-weight, gender, and height. These BMI calculators measure and compare the individual BMI with standard ranges to provide better clarity on persons’ overall health.
As per recent statistics published by the center for disease control and prevention (CDC), The prevalence of obesity was 42.4% in 2017~2018 in the United States. Obesity leads to severe health conditions such as heart attacks, cardiac arrest, stroke, diabetes (type 2), a certain kind of cancers, and even death.
- an increasing number of obese population worldwide
- Growing fitness awareness among the urban population
- Increasing penetration of smart fitness bands & smart fitness trackers
- Increasing awareness about various diet routines and willingness to monitor body mass.
- The high cost of digital BMI calculators
- Low awareness in developing countries
- Government initiatives to create fitness awareness & reduce obesity
- Developing nations hold high market potential
- Error & inaccuracy of current market products
- Smartphone applications calculating BMI
Key Players In The Global Smart BMI Calculator Market
- Seca GmbH (Germany)
- Bupa (U.K.)
- Apple (United States)
- Omron (Japan)
- Accu Fitness (India)
- Fitbit (United States)
- Garmin Ltd (United States)
- Huawei (China)
- Under Armour (United States)