Automotive Infotainment Market Growth & Trends
The global automotive infotainment system market size is estimated at USD 18.58 bn in 2019 and it is expected to reach USD 38.73 bn market size by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 9.7% over the forecast period.
Automotive infotainment or In-vehicle infotainment or In-car infotainment system offers driving-related information & entertainment through audio & video to the driver & passengers. The system is an upgraded & highly advanced version of the traditional car audio systems. , today’s important system is embedded with advanced features such as inbuilt navigation system, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity, Android or iOS support, Driving safety alerts, and much more.
The automobile industry has witnessed a significant increase in demand for cars embedded with advanced infotainment systems especially in the mid-range and top range models. Many car manufacturing companies promote the infotainment system as their unique selling proposition by offering additional features. Many companies are also integrating the important system with the smartphone application so that the car owner can control the vehicle using their smartphones.
The growing trend of carpooling and car-sharing has created a new customer segment for the car manufacturers that comprises of the car rental and car-sharing companies. The car rental companies have specialized requirements from the Infotainment system such as GPS tracking, backseat entertainment system, NFC based communication system, emergency alert system, in-vehicle cameras, subscription-based entertainment solutions among others.
The increase in technological advancement in these systems has developed some new challenges for the In-Vehicle Infotainment system manufacturers such as car hacking and personal information leak. The automotive infotainment system is usually hacked using CAN bus hacking, injection of Malware via USB, firmware upgrade via USB, use of trojan affected CD/DVD, short-range wireless communication, Wi-Fi connectivity, third-party software, GPS spoofing, or through a connected vehicle application.
The In-car infotainment system provider includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, QNX, Automotive grade Linux, Genivi, and Autosar. The key feature of an In-Vehicle Infotainment system includes multimedia playback, GPS navigation, IVR services, support for Android or iOS or other applications, social networking, and others.
In-vehicle infotainments system market trends 2019
The following are key trends in the automotive infotainment system market:
Integration of Advanced driver assistance system / ADAS with the Infotainment systems for improving on-road vehicle safety, this will eventually lead to the development of an autonomous vehicle.
- AI & IoT:
Using artificial intelligence and IoT for enhancement of vehicle-device connectivity for autonomous vehicles and shared mobility.
- Vehicle to Everything (V2X):
This technology AIMS at creating a smartly connected environment for the vehicle by collecting data from surrounding vehicles, pedestrians, and other connected objects. This will help to improve on-road safety and smart personalization with the help of machine learning.
Automotive infotainment systems market report insights 2019
- The global Automotive infotainment system market was valued at USD 18.58 billion in 2019, increasing sales of mid and top range cars along with growing demand for in-vehicle entertainment is anticipated to boost the market growth.
- The Passenger car segment accounted for the largest Market share in 2019, however the commercial car segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate owing to increasing Trends of car-sharing and car-hailing.
- The hardware segment accounts for greater than 70% Automotive infotainment system market share in 2019.
- Asia Pacific region is expected to emerge as the largest market for the infotainment system by 2027.
- Automotive Infotainment Component Insights (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2027)
- Automotive Infotainment Installation Insights (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2027)
- In-dash Infotainment
- Rear-seat Infotainment
- Automotive Infotainment Vehicle Type Insights (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2027)
- Passenger Car
- Commercial Vehicle
- Automotive Infotainment Regional Insights (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America