Electric Scooter Market Growth Trends
The Electric Scooter Market size is anticipated to reach 39.22 Bn by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.5% over the forecast period as per the new research report published by Confianza Market Research & Consultancy. Electric scooters are the two or three wheels’ vehicles that drive through electric motors. The electricity of such type of vehicles is store in the rechargeable battery. Electric scooters are different from motorcycles. In the 1990s and electric kick, the scooter has two wheels, a platform, and steering. Such types of scooters can drive standing on the platform, also by adding optional accessories such types of electric scooters can be converted into the seated electric scooters. Razor is one player that focus to produce the electric scooters for kids, whereas GoTrax, Xiaomi, Swagtron, Zero, and Fluid FreeRide, Kaaba, and MiniMotors, many of the other players focus on the production of electric scooters for adults.
Adult electric scooters differ from the kid’s electric scooter due to its high weight capacity around 100kg, larger battery, larger deck, more powerful motor, etc. Electric scooters of kids are typically smaller, lighter, and less expensive than adults. The most important feature of the electric scooter is they are foldable and that is why one can carry from one place to another. Also, it is convenient for storing. Electric bicycles are typically easier to ride, faster, and more comfortable for longer distances.
Most electric scooter manufacturers are based in Asia pacific so this region is the dominant player in this market. North America is investing electric scooter infrastructure and research related to it.
Advantages of the electric scooter –
- Electric scooters do not pollute the environment as there is no emission of gasses from it.
- The electric scooter has no engine so there is no chance of air pollution
- They ride very smoothly
- The electric scooter has great stability of riding.
- There is no need to wait for the petrol pump, you can charge it once.
- Batteries are maintenance-free.
Disadvantages of the electric scooter –
- The electric scooter is costly than petrol bikes
- There is a very low resale value
- Battery life is very less
- Pick and power are very low.
- Product Type Insights (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017-2030)
- Standing / Self-Balancing
- Battery Type Insights (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017-2030)
- Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)
- Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH)
- Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
- Voltage Type Insights (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017-2030)V
- Greater than 48V
- Regional Insights (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017-2030)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America