Online Media Market Growth & Trends
The global online media market size is expected to reach USD 297.52 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 13.5% between 2020 to 2027 as per the new research report published by Confianza Market Research & Consultancy. Growing adoption of smartphones and online content is boosting the market growth; moreover increasing ads revenue and paid sponsorship on platforms such as Youtube, Tiktok, and Instagram is attracting many content creators to generate content.
Online media includes content such as videos, images, graphics, music, and digital art. Using media in any online content increases its appearance & reader/viewer experience. The number of internet users is growing exponentially since the last few decades, In 2000, the internet penetration rate was just 7%, now in 2020 it is around 62%, a growth of 1,239%. These stats clearly show the growing importance of the internet and online media.
Companies such as Facebook Inc., Google Inc., and Twitter Inc. are generating huge revenues from online advertisements through display ads, video ads, and banner ads. An online advertisement is a cost-effective option for small and medium businesses looking for business promotion & marketing. The ease of access, greater reachability are few key features that online media offers compared to traditional media.
The retail segment emerged as the largest market share in 2019, owing to increasing advertisement expenditure on e-commerce products. The BFSI segment is anticipated to emerge as the fastest-growing segment between 2020 -2027.
>>> Download sample copy & read full report summary here: Online Media Market
Online Media Market Insights
- The global online media market was valued at USD 178.26 million in 2019, it is anticipated to attain a growth rate of 13.5% over the forecast period.
- The display advertisement segment accounted for the largest Market share in 2019 and it is expected to grow at an exponential growth rate during the forecast period.
- The retail segment account for the largest Market share in 2019 as the trend of e-commerce has emerged exponentially in the last few years.
- The North America region accounted for the largest Market share in the online media market in 2019, substantial growth in the e-commerce and IT sector in the region are the key factors driving the market growth.
Online Media Market Segmentation
Confianza market research & consultancy has segmented the global online media market based on format, application, and region:
- Online Media Format Insights (USD Million, 2017-2027)
- In-display advertisement
- Online video advertisement
- Mobile advertisement
- Search engine advertisement
- Lead generation
- Rich media
- Online Media Application Insights (USD Million, 2017-2027)
- Banking and financial services and insurance BFSI
- Consumer goods
- Media and entertainment
- Online Media regional Insights (USD Million, 2017-2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America